The Finest Fertilizer in Northern California
Nestled in the hills above Potter Valley in Mendocino County lies the Cold Creek Compost facility. Established in 1995 as the first fully permitted compost facility between San Francisco and the Oregon border, the Cold Creek facility is quite unlike most composting operations. Since inception Cold Creek has been committed to developing and producing high quality, nutrient rich soil amendments. Cold Creek Compost was a pioneer in what is now considered Sustainable Materials Management and is committed to producing an organic fertilizer superior to traditional chemical fertilizers.
Benefits of Cold Creek’s Agrow-Blend Compost
- Increases soil organic matter.
- Reduces or eliminates the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Reduced environmental impact vs. use of chemical fertilizers.
- Promotes higher yields of crops.
- Provides better drainage.
- Reduces fertilizer expense.
- Reduces water needs.
- Reduces pesticide expense.
- Lowers production costs and provides a better price for “organic crops”.
- Aids in the proliferation of beneficial soil microbes.
- Buffers soil pH.
- A local, sustainable agriculture solution.
- The Environmental Protection Agency supports compost use.
- For nutrient details, see our products page.
The Many Uses of Compost
- Blended Topsoil Component
- Soil Amendment for Turf Establishment
- Soil Amendment for Planting Beds
- Planting Backfill Mix Component
- Soil Mulch for Erosion Control
- Soil Amendment for Field Nursery Production
- Horticultural Substrate (growing media) Component
- Soil Amendment for Marginal Soils/Reclamation
- Soil Amendment for Silviculture (reforestation)
- Soil Amendment for Vegetable Crop Production
- Growing Media for Sod Production